Search the forum,

Discuss pro's & con's of advertising? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

:cool:
i everyone.
just reading another thread and thought theres a good question to be asked.
in your opinion, apart from the obvious - referalls and cards etc,
what sort of results do you get from paid-for advertising, yell, classifieds etc, and do you consider them worth there while?.

to start,- i advertise in these ways,

advertised methods.
1, yellow book, £1,500 pa. decided to place this year whilst not really monitoring the results acurately i can definately say i have had one half days work from it, ok maybee three?.

2, local classifieds, about £120 pm, quite a good response and steady but some weeks you get nothing, good for emergency jobs.

3, fire and police magazine, £120 per year since last october, to my knowledge fk all waste of time.

4, google it, free, picked out from yell pages i think. about 1 enquiry per fortnight, ok for nowt.

5, local industry intra-net, free, sort of works by advert and feedback left from others from a local intranet, a good slice of jobs/enquiry from here.

6, insurance work, one or two regular ins companies requiring repair work in my direct area contact me having done work for them in the past. cost nowt and my best earners so far.

7, my golf club, clickety click, funny hand shakes n all that, 1 or 2 jobs now and then.

8, van signs, i use those magnetic ones, dont know if signs actually work though, every time i put them on go to a dodgy area i get the fkers knicked?.

hates:
a, the twts from bt customer street calling every day when u got your face up someones u bend telling there looking for a plumber to take on some work for them. after 2 minuites with a smile on your face counting the reddies it clicks, you cant loose with us.

b, all the others trying to sell you web pages or magazine classifieds covering 200 miles away.

c, the muppets trying to sell me energy for business users, mobile phones and accident sickness cover (when you got your bum up a twenty foot ladder with your dewalt in ur gob).

anyway thats mine.
maybee we can get good pointers from each other of the best way as to wisely spend our money, and who to avoid.
ad yours and i will look forward to reading them.

I never advertise, and if someone I dont know asks me what I do for a living I tell them I'm a lorry driver. That way I dont get loads of stupid questions and asked to do quotes for jobs that will never happen

I get quite a bit from gumtree ! totally free dont pay and it also appears on google too.

Hi. One area which i feel is a waste, is the amount of plumbers that have their name on the side of the van, in bigger letters than the fact their PLUMBERS. Every one wants their name up in lights but a what cost. We all feel its the personal touch, but take it from me people are not looking for a long lasting relationship, just a bit of plumbing and heating done as cheap and as quick as possible. Good Luck

the one good thing about advertising is that you can set the budget against your books

I feel that the good old fashioned 'A' board hung around the neck,whilst walking the streets can get you some customers, the only thing is the wife is moaning that the straps are cutting into her back!.

could fit a mattress to the back board so she can have a lie down every so often ;)

You got is all wrong get the girl friend to carry it there always a lot keener. Good luck

I've just taken the BIGGEST gamble of my life and taken out a

FULL PAGE
FULL COLOUR

one day advert in The Sun newspaper..... Coming out on Thursday 5th March (North only)

Advertising? Does it work? Ask me this time next week what results we get from advertising.... I am praying for good results!

ADVERT DUE OUT 5TH MARCH

I've just taken the BIGGEST gamble of my life and taken out a

FULL PAGE
FULL COLOUR

one day advert in The Sun newspaper..... Coming out on Thursday 5th March (North only)

Advertising? Does it work? Ask me this time next week what results we get from advertising.... I am praying for good results!

ADVERT DUE OUT 5TH MARCH

Please let us know how it goes! Hopefully it pays off for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pro's & con's of advertising? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock