Discuss property market in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a lot of conversations and research, the days of nicking cheap houses to 'do up' have gone , unless you are very lucky and in the right place at the right time.

Agreed fully. The good old days are long gone.

My understanding is that all the best properties go to a tie up between the probate lawyers, a local estate agent and the builder who keeps the first two on retainer.

Solicitor: "Oh, Mrs Smith, condolences on the death of your mother. Now, what were you planning to do with the property? Of course, its in very poor condition, and would cost a lot of money to bring up to building regs, but would you like me to get a valuation for you? Just for insurance purposes obviously. I know a local estate agent, very genuine chap, and well versed in local property prices."

Estate Agent: "Hello Mrs Smith, its David Dodgy here, from Dodgy and B'stard, estate agents. We were asked to call you by Mr. Runne, of the law firm "Sue, Grabbit and Runne" . I understand you would like us to value your late mother's bungalow. Such a shame it wasn't on the market last year, before the prices collapsed. I'm afraid there is little prospect of a sale in the current condition on the open market. Have you considered selling to a developer? Perhaps I could introduce you to Mr James Bodjit, of Bodjit & Scarper?

Builder: <sucks teeth> "Well, missus, I dunno about this. Its in a right state, and no mistake. Probably best to pull it down, level the site and start over. And you wouldn't want people doing... y'know... "things"... in the bedroom that your old mum passed away in, would you? I reckon I could see my way clear to giving your forty grand for it, although I'm robbing myself..."

Last edited by a moderator:
You ain`t joking Ray. That`s exactly what goes on according to a builder I once knew, they don`t ever reach the open market.

You ain`t joking Ray. That`s exactly what goes on according to a builder I once knew, they don`t ever reach the open market.

its been like that since the 90s round here.

The trouble is, who's going to do anything about it?

Are you and I going to hang around outside the crematorium, buttonholing people and saying "hey love, sorry to hear about your loss, but don't forget, we-buy-any-house. com" And we arent so dodgy as that shyster lawyer that your mum trusted with her affairs because she was a dotty old bat who couldn't see that she was being mugged over by a legal highwayman!

Don`t see what can be done about it Ray, you can sell anything you own to anybody, your house,car, clothes, books, cd`s, dvd`s, wife. Ok maybe not the wife. lol

I know a developer who bungs £2000 cash in a brown envelope to the estate agent per house where he gets first dibs

da8fc8ee58eced7c93d69c460f09e87f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to property market in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock