Discuss Problems with polybutylene pipes? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

There's been an issue with poly pipes (Pro-fit brand) in WA. Loads of leaks occurring, the main house builder in WA says it is a problem with the product, the manufacturer blames installation - over-bending, insufficient room for movement. I'm wondering why we haven't heard of this anywhere else except WA and is this stuff safe? Is poly pipe only used in WA or are their codes different? Detailed he-said-she-said in the files attached.

Attachments

• BGC Iplex Exec Pack - Expert Report Summary FOR RELEASE.pdf
    7 MB · Views: 13
  • Pipes update Fletcher.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
This is a mainly UK site so you are unlikely to get a lot of advice specific to WA.

In the UK, the homeowner (or their insurer) would have a claim against the person who supplied and installed the pipe, in your case the builder. The builder can make their own claim against the pipe manufacturer if they think that faulty pipe was responsible but the homeowner is not a party to that action.

If this is a problem specific to a relatively small region, it's possible that the water supply has exceeded the pressure limits on one or more occasions, e.g. due to a fault at a pumping station, and this has harmed the pipe. The pipe manufacturer's technical department will be able to tell if this is the cause by inspecting the failed section.

If the manufacturer's technical department has inspected a samples of failed pipe and have said in writing that it's due to incorrect installation then, in my experience, they're going to be correct. The builder would need to commission their own lab report to prove otherwise.

Reply to Problems with polybutylene pipes? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Good evening... As the post states. I am going through paperwork before work begins again tomorrow AM. I have an unpaid job, it is from a very...
Replies
Views
Hey guys long time no type , I've been busy busy this last while and I've a wee issue if anyone can help,,,, I was called out to a boiler...
Replies
Views
L
Hi, from a new member… I hope someone can give me some advice here. We are in a mid-terrace, connecting with our neighbour only on the first...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock