Discuss Problem with Vokera Mynute 20e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stings27

Gas Engineer
Hi all. :smile5:

Got a phone call from a friend last night complaining that his boiler was making strange noises and would not turn off.
The boiler is only serving the rads as his HW is run off an Aga.
On arrival I first turned down the room stat which did nothing, then turned off on programmer, still the boiler kept running. The only way to turn it off was to isolate at the spur.
The strange thing was that the heating was luke warm at best, then there was a surge as water rattled in the EV , then you could not touch the first metre of pipework!
He told me that he had had the PCB replaced a few years ago and I think it is looking likely that it has blown again?
Any advice much appreciated.

Thank you :smile5:

Hi Croppie

Thanks for reply
Yes, pump seems ok ( not getting hot) but if it was faulty, would taht explain the boiler not turning off ?

Would the boiler not go off when ye turned knob on fromt to off.
Sometimes I've seen timer not wired correctly.
The live wire leaving boiler to timer switch isn't used. They just use a live off the live to power the timer. If ye do this you bypass the on off switch it then won't work.
Timer could also just be gone faulty.
Anyway if ye pull out the fuse on the spur, the boiler is gonna get hot when pump not running to cool it.
I'd check the way it's wired

Hi bright spark
Only way boiler will turn off is at the spur.
This is not a new install, its just a problem that has materialised.

No 1 may have ever turned the boiler off on knob on front before.
Just disconnect live to clock inside boiler. Put a link in and see if boiler goes off on on/off knob.
Best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem with Vokera Mynute 20e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock