Discuss Problem fitting new ceramic cartridge in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I had a leaking basin mixer tap. The Methven brand tap was leaking through the top. I was able to source 2 new replacement ceramic cartridges (1 as a spare). Both are identical to the old one. When I put either of the new ones into the tap & put it back together, the water won't turn on. There is only 1 way the cartridge can go in, so that's not the issue. As soon as I turn the tap on there is a hissing noise like the water is being shut off.
I'm trying to establish what I'm doing wrong. Surely both of the new cartridges can't be faulty ??

20220822_171947.jpg
20220822_171923.jpg
20220822_171927.jpg
20220822_171942.jpg
20220822_171934.jpg

Unlikely that both are faulty unless a bad batch. Could you be more specific on the tap model?
Hi
Thanks for replying i dont have a model number. See photos attached

Reply to Problem fitting new ceramic cartridge in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock