Discuss Probation inspector appointment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

brahamo123

Gas Engineer
Hi guys

Help please, I have received an inspection appointment after couple of days from registration as a business .which wasn't my intention .( wanted just a license ). And I was wondering what part 1 and part 2 all about? , and haven't done much work alone most of the work I did was with an engineer whom I work with .
Is part 1 and part 2 will be in the same day?
will 3 boiler services be enough ?( my friends houses )

Part 1 of the inspection will include an inspection of your gas work records and may include a technical assessment. This will be conducted at your business address stated above. Part 2 of the inspection will follow immediately and will require you to arrange (with your customers permission), access for up to three different sites for our inspector to inspect the gas appliances you have installed. Alternatively, if you undertake servicing and/or maintenance activities you can arrange to take us to customers where you have planned works. Part of this inspection process will require you to show our Inspector how you carry out the necessary safety checks in the areas of gas work you undertake. Please ensure that you have the appropriate tools and equipment available to carry out any tests or gas work that may be required. If you have any questions about the monitoring process, or need clarification on any points raised in this letter, please do not hesitate to call our Scheduling Department where one of the team will be happy to help you.

any advice will be most welcome .

Last edited:
When you first sign to gas safe you are on a probationary period until you are inspected. My guy came and watched me service my bosses boiler and was happy with that, it did involve a call to national grid though so boss was not happy, but I passed so all was well.
I was asked lots of questions while I was doing inspection,test pressures, Meter faults, and lots of what if this happens what would you do.
Your be fine if you know the basics and if your not sure make certain you have your book with you as a reference, I had to look up the gas rate calcs

The guy in our area has always be good, as long as he can see you're safe and know what you're talking about you should be fine! Just remember to do the small things and make a point of it - spraying the test nipple after a tightness test, they love that!

My guy was really hot on volt pens, wanted me to prove it then touch the boiler case and anything metallic around it first. Apparently there has been a death from a live wire on an extractor hood next to a boiler, the engineers head hit it and zapped him

Definitely worth investing in. This is a boiler I looked at earlier this year in a school.

20150211_141218.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Probation inspector appointment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock