Search the forum,

Discuss Pricing rads for friends in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Could do with some advice, might be fitting some radiators for a family friend.

I've done loads of freebies for friends and family and still currently in my apprenticeship, theres five radiators in total, i haven't looked at the job as of yet so not sure whether pipework will need altering or anything.

Just wondering what would seem fair to charge, any opinions ?

You've already set the precedent:
- Doing loads of freebies for friends and family.

That stuff gets around and family, friends or family friends will expect the same from you.

If you cause a flood in their house, will they say " it's ok, we're family, we won't hit you up for the damage you caused'

When an apprentice, be careful of the work you take on because you don't have insurance.

As for pricing:
Double your current hourly rate and put 20% on the materials.

You may as well make something out of the work, because you are taking on huge risks.
If they don't like it, tell them that's the best you can do.
If they trust you, they will accept. If not, they will go elsewhere.

My advice is don't do work for friends and family. If you want to help them out, offer to pay for part of the work as a gift, give them the cheque and then stay out of it.

I price all my friends and family work at normal rates and then tell them I'll see what I can do at the end to reduce it. This means I'm never going to be hard done by and they are never going to be ripped off.

Reply to Pricing rads for friends in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock