Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Prices please......... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fuzzy

Hi There,

We are fast approaching the summer when people start looking for September starts to new courses. As a guide to us all how much do we pay or epect to pay?

To start things off, my local college have a waiting list of around 300. They charge 1k for L2 tec cet and 1k for L3 tec cert. If you dont have a level 2 or 3 qual they will pay for you, if you are in recieptt of benefits they will pay for you. How does this compare?

1 - local collee 1,000
2 - BTSC
3 _VIY
4_?
5 - ?
6 - and so on

Thank you for your co-operation, may help people choose:)

FUzzzz

Colleges's are ok if you can wait a few years for the qual and i think you pay that pice per year minus the certification fee.
Privately i don't think you can get much better or cheaper than, ntps training, in hyde, manchester (NTPS TRAINING LTD Plumbing, Electrical and Gas courses)
Cost at the mo is around 4k with free tools
there are other private ones around but ntps seem pretty good
:)

not too sure but i know that they throw in two hundred quid worth of tools with the 6129 course and some books for studying. two ways of doing the course, 8 week full time or some other way part time over a longer spell. They do practical and theory classes not all distant learning like some other places seem to be. The guys name I spoke to was Paul something or other. hope this helps

greenday, why have you put this on every available post? are you on commission or do you work for them??????????????

well fuzzy , do you like to see people ripped off?

A forum is all about helping each other.

advice is a wonderful thing you can take it or leave it mate. Please go spend all ya money and dont end up qualified if thats what you want. or check it out save a few bob, spend it on a van, stock it up, fill it up, go out in it and make a living, feed the kids & pay the bills. Whatever you do is inevitable!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Like you said take it or leave it
Each to there own ntps is a great centre to learn a trade, get experiance and save some cash
If you look and don't like it at least you've looked if you look and like it then the rest becomes history.:D;)

well there you go a little more delicately put than myself but same diff

what about this check the plumbing academy in kent. an eye watering 17000 (yes 17 grand) to get u up to nvq3 - no placement either! phew

well fuzzy , do you like to see people ripped off?

A forum is all about helping each other.

advice is a wonderful thing you can take it or leave it mate. Please go spend all ya money and dont end up qualified if thats what you want. or check it out save a few bob, spend it on a van, stock it up, fill it up, go out in it and make a living, feed the kids & pay the bills. Whatever you do is inevitable!!

hey plumbline ! we gonna team up on this guy or what?

correct-i dont like to see people ripped off, so why not a local colllege, much cheaper and theve been doing it for years. They are in it for education, not money.

If you want to waste excessive amounts of money on a level 2 qualification then go ahead. The level 3 NVQ is the only one thats really recognised, that includes ACS, unvented and water regs. That would be more like it for 4k!!!!!!!!!!!!not a 6129 Tec Cert

Like you said take it or leave it
Each to there own ntps is a great centre to learn a trade, get experiance and save some cash
If you look and don't like it at least you've looked if you look and like it then the rest becomes history.:D;)

???????????

great experience????? What a few weeks in a workshop is hardly experience, the only experience worth its salt is actually out there doing it!

Save money - 4k for a 6129 is saving money? thats about 10 times as much as a local college!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You seem to know a bit more than your letting on there fuzzy me ol china.
Although, college will charge you an enrolment fee every year and it takes a lot longer (1-2years) so it's not as cheap as they like to make out.

All good advice though

like you say plumline, dont like to see people get ripped off, they can make their own choices based on personal circumstances, only fair to offer information to assist, what you say?

whats level 1 fred? there is no nvq level 1 in plumbing???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

OLCI

6089 + 6129 + Unvented Hot Water Storage + Water Regulations + EAL Level 2 part P all for £5621.53 inc VAT.

I had to haggle for this but still not sure if im getting my monies worth.

What do you think?

newbie, i am asking you which level they are offering for that money, level 2 or 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Prices please......... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock