Search the forum,

Discuss preventing air ingress & pumping over when moving pump by boiler in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
have moved a pump by new boiler so could wire for pump overrun as no live in airing cupboard, but now I am worried about air ingress into the system as system is under negative pressure.

Anyone got any tricks to help prevent this?? or know how to get pump over to airing cupboard without running cable from boiler to airing cupboard.

On S plans I get round it by using relay timers but no live to do this on this Y plan.

Appreciate your advise

Thanks

No spare wires going upto the wiring centre?

No spare wires going upto the wiring centre?
No spare wires unfortunately and customer does not want a sealed heating system.

I have set pump speed to 1 and its seems ok, I just wanted to make some more preventative measures to try and make sure no air ingresses into the system.

We are going to extend vent pipe as high as possible and put invert on feed into system but that's all I know how to help the situation without converting to sealed system or moving pump back to airing cupboard and getting cable their

No spare wires unfortunately and customer does not want a sealed heating system.

I have set pump speed to 1 and its seems ok, I just wanted to make some more preventative measures to try and make sure no air ingresses into the system.

We are going to extend vent pipe as high as possible and put invert on feed into system but that's all I know how to help the situation without converting to sealed system or moving pump back to airing cupboard and getting cable their
just found this https://plumbbox.co.uk/product/mains-switch-rf-solution-alternative-to-cabling/

any one used these they any good and last??

Reply to preventing air ingress & pumping over when moving pump by boiler in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock