Currently reading:
pressure not increasing from filling loop.

Discuss pressure not increasing from filling loop. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hunterseye

Hi Guys

Apologies if this has been covered already. I suspect it has.
A lady has asked me why when she tries to repressurise her combi through her filling loop, the pressure guage doesn't move. She has yet to tell me the name of the boiler, but i thought i'd ask you fellas for my own benifit really. she states the pilot light wouldn't come on to start with. She got that going but they still have no hot water etc. Obviously i know very little about gas and boilers hence me posting in here.

Could it be as simple as a faulty pressure gauge? or is this a common generic fault.

Cheers in advance.

ps i'm not working on the boiler, i was just curious as to what it could be. They do say knowledge is power. :)

faulty pressure guage, faulty/blocked filling loop or NRV, leak on the system, prv open........... to name a few.

if when the loop is opend water can be heard moving then you can rule that out. its very common for pressure guages to not work properly.

If water can be heard going through the filling loop, it must be filling the system, after a short time the pressure guage will rise unless the guage is faulty or the system is passing/leaking. Id say the guage is probably not working otherwise there is a leak somewhere around the property or as glenno1 said the PRV is letting the pressure build up until it hits 3bar an is releasing water usually to a pipe that goes through the wall under the boiler, outside and just sticks out with a couple of bends back to the wall to stop scolding water flying everywhere.

I would insist on a plumber to see this. It could be a burst pipe underneath the floor and the good lady starts filling her solum or underneath neighbours flat.

I would insist on a plumber to see this. It could be a burst pipe underneath the floor and the good lady starts filling her solum or underneath neighbours flat.

told her mate. She didn't reply. Something tells me she was after a good will gesture, but i posted on here as i wanted to know what you guys thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pressure not increasing from filling loop. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock