Discuss Pressure loss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stings27

Gas Engineer
I'm sure this has been covered a thousand times but here go's!
I had a call off a relative about 6 Months ago with a pressure loss problem on a Duo-Tec. after having a good look round the bungalow I found a small weep on a fitting behind a fridge, repaired and re-filled the boiler and everything was fine.
Got a call this weekend from the same relative with the same problem. Checked all pipework ( everything surface mounted and visible). nothing. Re-filled to a Bar & a half, fired boiler and waited. was'nt long before pressure gauge was in the red and the PRV kicked in. Turned the boiler off released some pressure down to 1 Bar and fired again.
Everything fine........Till this morning , pressure down again, boiler off.
I have'nt got great experience in breakdowns but is this is now a pressure vessel fault ? :disappointed:

Thanks in advance

Yep, sounds like it, depressurise boiler /system, put a car tyre / bike gauge on top of vessel, if your hand gets sprayed with water its nact, otherwise recharge with a car / bike pump , then top up the water pressure in the system .

Hi mate, sounds like the expansion vessel has deflated, do you have a pump to check its pressure .? You can remove the cap to the shrader and press to see if plenty air or even bit water comes out, if water then the bladder is torn,

Always remember to empty the boiler b4 you repressurise the vessel,

By the way....if,hopefully, it just needs re-charging, what pressure do I need to being putting back in ?

What I always do is whack pressure up to 2 bar press the middle of the Schraeder valve, if water comes out replace the vessel. If you only get air come out then drain boiler and recharge the vessel. Make sure you keep the drain point open when you charge it otherwise you will get a false reading.

I like the duo-tec but I hate where the Schraeder valve is on the expansions.

A lot of times the expansion vessel is buggered, prepare them for that ;)

im glad to see that folks are advising to drain the boiler down the amount of calls you get from custards saying we had someone out and they re pressured the expansion vessel and the boiler s still loosing pressure ive aked the ones that stand over your shoulder if the drained the boiler and 99% of the time they have said they just put pump on and pumped it up and didn't let any water out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure loss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock