Discuss Pressure loss combination condensing boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fly7471

I have a Worcester-Bosch greenstar boiler which is approximately 4 years old, I know absolutely nothing about plumbing apart from there are plenty of cowboys out there.

My boiler pressure is all over the place, it feeds 8 fairly big radiators on a closed system. Recently there's been a slight loss in pressure, I decided to have it serviced via a group on offer.
Now the boiler will lose pressure whether on or off, I've been constantly filling it up via a filling loop to 1.5 bar, it has been falling very rapidly to say .5 within 12 hours, suspecting a leak on the relatively new radiators I tried to track one down.
After switching on the boiler with a pressure of 1.5 it rises to 2.5-3 (almost on the red).

Suspecting the boiler maybe at fault I taped plastic bags to what I believe to be an over flow pipe and another pipe I'm not sure of + there is the normal flew. Both bags appeared to fill up with water.

Help.

It's not like I try to cut corners by employing the cheapest, the guy who did the service said the boiler was fine, it can't be.

expansion vessel sounds faulty, will need replaced and new PRV, will need to be carried out by a gas safe engineer, post your location and someone on here may be able to help you, no cowboys on here plenty of people who know their stuff

these 2 overflow pipes is one plastic and one copper ??? your condensate pipe sounds like it is not terminating correctly if one of them is plastic

Last edited:
sounds like expansion vessel if rising to 3, get them back to check it and prv

I have a Worcester-Bosch greenstar boiler which is approximately 4 years old, I know absolutely nothing about plumbing apart from there are plenty of cowboys out there.

It's not like I try to cut corners by employing the cheapest, the guy who did the service said the boiler was fine, it can't be.

there are also plenty of good guys out there ya know :)

Thanks guys I know there are serious people on here that's why I posted.
My location is Lewisham in SouthEast London.
I think one of them is copper, I'll have to check tonight as have been away.
The pipe overflowing a lot of water is definitely plastic.
Oh and the engineer who serviced it said the condensing pipe wasn't level and there is quite a big gap around it where fumes could blow back in.

the plastic pipe which is overflowing water is your condensing pipe and should be terminated into a purpose built soakway or into your drainage system, lazy and cutting corners on the installers part, hope your flue is also sealed aswell, get it checked over by someone on here quite a few people from london post a thread in "im looking for a plumber/gas engineer" with your location and problem and someone should contact you best of luck

Great thread guys... sounds like my problem exactly... any recommendations in Cheltenham, Glos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure loss combination condensing boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock