Discuss Pressure increasing even when not used - looks like cold water feed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnxhamilton

Daughter's boiler, Alpha CB28, increases in pressure to the point the pressure release valve is kicking in. This is even when it's not being used (unoccupied flat), and can rise from 1.5 bar to 3.5 overnight!

Boiler works fine for both heating and hot water otherwise.

i have eliminated it being the pressure fill circuit as I've switched it off at both ends. However, When I switch off the cold water feed (for the hot water) - pressure is fine after the usual few hours delay.

is it likely to be heat exchanger or diversion valve?

It's likely to require a visit from a qualified gsr.

Call one in. Or put a post up here - [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

And this is where the thread ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure increasing even when not used - looks like cold water feed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
This is doing my head in, so I am turning to the experts here for any wisdom... In the last couple of days I have very low cold water pressure in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
R
I just had installed a Navien NPE-2 with built in recirculator pump. I have a dedicated return line. The check valve for the recirc is built into...
Replies
Views
Rogelio
R
Back