Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure builds in boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tonytimms2

I have a Worcester Heatslave 12/14 running 6 medium sized radiators in a small bungalow. System runs ok but now and again for no apparent reason the pressure gauge shows increased pressure, the pump motor gets very hot and hot water does not run out of the boiler. If I switch off the boiler off at the mains, release pressure via the pressure valve to 0bar, top up the pressure to 1bar again, switch the boiler back on and in a few minutes the hot water runs in the pipes and through he radiators again. This is driving me mad because there is no pattern to it and just happens now and again, probably once a week. Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards

When you say hot water doesn't run out of the boiler, do you mean from the hot taps, or are you trying to bleed the boiler its self?

might be an expansion problem you need to get a OFTEC engineer to check it out soonest

Last edited by a moderator:
Water in the boiler itself gets very hot but although the pump is running (the pump gets very hot) hot water does not come out of the central heating flow at the back of the boiler.

Regards

I have checked the expansion vessel and when I press the bleed valve it shows there is pressure. No water escaping.

Regards

The pump might be running but it sounds like its not circulating so check the shaft to see if it is spinning it might be jammed, also check 3 port valve isnt stuck in hot water mode only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure builds in boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Hello Wondering if anyone can offer any clues please // Potterton Promax 18 // Had an E1 error code, repressurised via with filling loop // Boiler fires but now the pressure runs up from 1.5 mark in the green up to 2.5 in the red then flicks off. // Error code again // Once held in reset for...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating, the pressure rises over 2 and the error code 117 showing water pressure high After i did the bleeding and re-pressurize to 1.3 bar, the heating is...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock