Discuss powerflushing microbore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gas1

hi do you think i could pre treat with kamco fx2 for 24 hours before power flush to speed things up or is this acid based chemical to strong?
have already tryed neutral cleaner but has left lots of scale on system visible on magnaclean twintech clear filter

thanks mark

i think kamco say to use hyperflush in the system before hand beacause i think your right its too acidic

wouldn't leave an acid based cleaner in a system...not even for 24hrs,acid will attack the metals in the system....could cause more probs than solving. are you using a inline magnetic filter within your powerflush setup?

dont forget to use your ph paper and your turbidity tube and your rad drill hammer that if you have got rusty rads will go straight through them ! :)

ok that was what i thought really will not pretreat,i have a norstrom magmaster with integral magnet filter that works realy well on magnatight, it is just this scale i need to disove and remove first flush was with sentinal x800 but it did not touch the scale

When I did the Fernox powerflushing course they told me that powerflushing microbore can cause more probs than it solves

The biggest problem is with the old twin entry one sided valves as you can never flush every bit of cleanser out of the system.

the pipework is classed as microbore but it has 22mm main feed and reture pipes with 10mm tails to either side of rads, it still reduces flow alot throu powerflusher

piggin nightmare
did one the other day took 2 hours to clear the upstairs rad
rad wasnt the problem it was the f/r in micro back to the manifold
when quoting quote extra to take into account the possibility of a major blockage thats tough to clear in the 10mm tees of the manifold

piggin nightmare
did one the other day took 2 hours to clear the upstairs rad
rad wasnt the problem it was the f/r in micro back to the manifold
when quoting quote extra to take into account the possibility of a major blockage thats tough to clear in the 10mm tees of the manifold
Did a microbore system last week 2 rads not heating up. Flushed rads then had floor up and it was a combined manifold, ran new connections flow/return and capped existing 8mm:eek::eek:, couldn't touch the rads after that. Job sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to powerflushing microbore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock