Search the forum,

Discuss Powerflushing Microbore ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says it all really

Hi Phil, understand it's your choice to PF every boiler change, all be it not a requirement, but you must make an additional charge on each job to cover extra time, and any maintenance costs on the PF unit, But you must have come across systems that it is not possible to PF, I like you own my own unit and have done so for over 10 years, But I don't think its necessary to PF every job, but that's my choice based on the condition of the system, & meny years experience in the trade ! I find that in this area (soft Water) using a good quality cleaner with filter works just as well, PF-ing does not guarantee to remove everything in the system, With your commitment and insistence on PF-ing are you by any chance ex BG ? What Hammers is saying, if he deems it necessary to PF something then he will hire a unit,

Now now play nicely

I guess if you can only retort with insults it says a lot about you ?

Seen it 100s of times before.
Lose the argument - become insulting.

The glaring thing is we evidently are poles apart in how we approach jobs.
and my business model is nothing like yours. But that's cool and I haven't a problem with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no fixed guidelines that say the old systems MUST be powerflushed. Every job is different and the installer needs make call. If some powerflush as a matter of coarse wither system requires or not then that is their business.
The Manufactures only state a cleanser must be used and flushed through to clear systems. But Worcester do state a powerflush MAY be required.

We all agree that they terrible twin entry valves MUST be replaced!

There is no fixed guidelines that say the old systems MUST be powerflushed. Every job is different and the installer needs make call. If some powerflush as a matter of coarse wither system requires or not then that is their business.
The Manufactures only state a cleanser must be used and flushed through to clear systems. But Worcester do state a powerflush MAY be required.

We all agree that they terrible twin entry valves MUST be replaced!

Well trust Worcester to state the obvious , but PF-ing is not the answer to everything, that some people think it is ! Phill does all of his, I do the ones I think needs it, costumers do get he option but at extra cost, Takes an extra day to do a proper flush and is better with 2 people.

Thanks for the information re: Powerflushing .... and yes, twin entry valves will need to be replaced!

D

Phill does all of his

No your mis quoting me or you have difficulty with straight facts.
Read my posts again and

Please point me toward where I state I do all mine ???
Im waiting.

What i was saying is those who flush with a magnetic filter only, in my opinion is half a job and if your going to go to the trouble - do it properly in my opinion.

Then your honor, we have those amongst us stating legal standpoint lol

Someone else stated theres no requirement to flush.
I stated there is reference to flushing in the DBSCG.
Again I made no reference to power flushing - I stated flushing.

READ MY POSTS AGAIN.

Some on here need to go to specsavers and learn to read.

No wonder some plumbers have a bad name for poor quality work.
They cant even absorb basic information without getting themselves in a muddle

No your mis quoting me or you have difficulty with straight facts.
Read my posts again and

Please point me toward where I state I do all mine ???
Im waiting.

What i was saying is those who flush with a magnetic filter only, in my opinion is half a job and if your going to go to the trouble - do it properly in my opinion.

Then your honor, we have those amongst us stating legal standpoint lol

Someone else stated theres no requirement to flush.
I stated there is reference to flushing in the DBSCG.
Again I made no reference to power flushing - I stated flushing.

READ MY POSTS AGAIN.

Some on here need to go to specsavers and learn to read.

No wonder some plumbers have a bad name for poor quality work.
They cant even absorb basic information without getting themselves in a muddle

Sorry to upset you ! but you give the impression that you PF all your boiler changers, and that only using chemicals & a filter is only doing half a job, so do you PF all of your upgrades ? or do you to, some times also only do half a job ?
slighting people on there ability to read and absorb information again gives the impression that you are a little arrogant ,and don't like criticism , we all make mistakes even you, unless you believe that you are infallible

Not arrogant.
Annoyed when mis quoted because some are too lazy to read properly

Some may also conclude some self righteous "pork" spectators are both provocative and arrogant with their "I know better" attitude

Not arrogant.
Annoyed when repeatedly mis quoted because some are too lazy to read properly

Some may also conclude some self righteous "pork" spectators are both provocative and arrogant with their "I know better" attitude

But you still have not answered the question,! do you PF all your upgrades or sometimes only do half a job (Your quote) Honest answer

I don't answer to you chum.
Think this has run its course
Im sure others are just as bored as I am of this farce

post 24 reference we don't do a proper job

post 43 you make reference of please state where you do all yours

if you don't do all yours then you don't do a proper job like the rest of us according to you

Also its about affordability to a cust even when i strongly recommend a flush they can't always afford the extra labour .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Powerflushing Microbore ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock