Discuss Powerflushing course - Fernox or Kamco, or somewhere else? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm planning to do a powerflushing course reasonably near me so I'm looking at either the Fernox course (at Woking) or the Kamco course (at St Albans).

Any experiences of either one? Good / bad / so-so? Any suggestions of any other powerflushing courses around?

Cheers.

It's going to be like those cards u used to get with cars on with different statistics about engine and wheel size.

I'm going with reversible flow, sediment drain, clear hoses I've we have about 6 duo ga that are in back for salvage was thinking about setting one up in a crate and running it on LPG? But worried about overheating pump? What you used for auto fill? I was thinking two part with 150mm air gap, through wall and onto a hose lock quick release nipple?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's going to be like those cards u used to get with cars on with different statistics about engine and wheel size.

I'm going with reversible flow, sediment drain, clear hoses I've we have about 6 duo ga that are in back for salvage was thinking about setting one up in a crate and running it on LPG? But worried about overheating pump? What you used for auto fill? I was thinking two part with 150mm air gap, through wall and onto a hose lock quick release nipple?

You have beaten me with the sediment drain, although after a job I just turn it upside down to get the dregs out before it goes in the van.

I used the grundfos unilift (same as fernox and sentinel) It can handle 50 deg C and has a overheat stat built in which has never tripped as my immersion stat is set low enough and it looses heat fast stood outside and circulating.

To fill I used a normal ball cock with copper ball mounted half way down to prevent overflow if used indoors. It is fed from a copper 15mm that rises to the top and has an elbow with hozelock fitting. I kept all connections at the top, inside so any drips fall back in and not on customers carpet.

Noticed when the boiler service guys came out to faults on new boilers. First thing they were doing was checking water quality. ( this was couple of years back )
Was told by them ...any dirt...and boiler warranty void. Reckons the boiler ways are so small these days any we bits will choke them.
Powerflushing sounds good idea after that ;)

Yeh some heat team lads can check water quality by just changing gas valve! They can also tell custard some real porkers. Don't think they get training. Just learn a script some times.

Noticed when the boiler service guys came out to faults on new boilers. First thing they were doing was checking water quality. ( this was couple of years back )
Was told by them ...any dirt...and boiler warranty void. Reckons the boiler ways are so small these days any we bits will choke them.
Powerflushing sounds good idea after that ;)

A better idea is to fit boilers that dont have secondary hexes or diverter valves that clog up, you know ones with 22mm bore copper pipes running through the main hex so a bit of crud isnt an issue, they are out there :) by the way WB and vaillant dont make one :)

If single hex such a good idea why did 90% of manufacturers move away from them and it's only the cheap tat and a few "special" boilers that don't??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Powerflushing course - Fernox or Kamco, or somewhere else? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock