Currently reading:
Powerflush through pump head.

Discuss Powerflush through pump head. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 32524

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello,

Doing a powerflush and I have bought the pump head adaptor for my Kamco machine.

Question is. Has anyone has any problems using this method i.e pumphead not sealing properly once you put it back on, etc?

Hello,

Doing a powerflush and I have bought the pump head adaptor for my Kamco machine.

Question is. Has anyone has any problems using this method i.e pumphead not sealing properly once you put it back on, etc?

Never had a problem when replacing pump head, but beware that the O-ring they provide (the big, outer ring) will not seal the adapter when flushing EcoTECs. Kamco will tell you that you need to buy an additional 7mm thick O-ring, but you can take the flat one off the pump head and use it combined with the Kamco one and it works...

If stuck get some no frills liquid ptfe from screwfix run a tiny bead around outside if seal on head clamp it up...

Dont forget that if fixing adaptor to plastic pump housing dont overtighten the middle of the adaptor as it'll go through the housing leaving you in the poo.
Someone I know did it!!

Dont forget that if fixing adaptor to plastic pump housing dont overtighten the middle of the adaptor as it'll go through the housing leaving you in the poo.
Someone I know did it!!

someone I no ? Wink wink ha ha

Thanks guys. Helpful info. I was just a little worried as I have never done it through pump head and could just see it turning in to a nightmare.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Powerflush through pump head. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back