Discuss Power flush vs passive filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

In 95% of instances the much cheaper/simpler Magnacleanse type filters seem to be really effective. You obviously need a working circulating pump but has anyone used one where a boiler couldn't generate hot water?

Do people still buy powered units? I had planned to buy one but haven't really needed one so far, I'm now thinking I'll just rent as and wen needed.

I rent when needed. Not a huge call for powerflushing round me and for a decent powerflusher you are looking the best part of £1000.00 where as if I rent it I dont have maintenance etc on it.

I rent when needed. Not a huge call for powerflushing round me and for a decent powerflusher you are looking the best part of £1000.00 where as if I rent it I dont have maintenance etc on it.

That was kind of my view, things like pumps don't like sitting idle. You'd have to mess around with PAT testing etc, £1000 seems to be the cheaper end of the market.

If you already have a magnacleanse unit then you dont need to spend £1300 on a kamco with magnets in so the cf40 is more than enough for most domestic properties and you can pick one up for under £1000. Or you can go norstrom which is just over £1100.

When BG were really pushing the powerflush I was getting loads of enquiries and loads of work out of it. Now I only use it when I am doing a boiler change. It made its money and then some....but now I would just rent it if I did not have one. It is occasionally handy to have for some things, but not often.

I cannot see that it would be too hard to make a home made version using a F&E tank. I made a similar thing to descale boilers and multi points when in Somerset instead of buying a declomate just hooked it into the hot and cold supply and turned mains off. centralheatking

It sounds like you’re saying a magnacleanse is as good as a powerflush.

No I never said that! If you read it again and not crop it then you would see I said if you have a magnacleanse why would you buy a powerflush unit with magnets built in. Bit like buying a car then buying another engine for it.

Reply to Power flush vs passive filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock