Discuss Power flush on a system with double entry valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stu.roberts

Anybody offer any advice if it's wise, it needs doing, but iv never attempted it on a system with those awful double entry valves. The system also has 10mm to the radiators.

It won't work IMO! You'll clean out the pipe work for sure but you'll not get the flow through the radiators required to remove the debris deposited there. You may also succeed in blowing the insert pipe off and into the radiator!! I'd suggest minimum requirement would be to change all the twin entries to single either end before flushing ... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just PF as normal, you may need to just have one radiator on at a time to increase flow velocity around radiator.
In the few systems I've done with these valves this method has worked a treat.

From experience it blows the feeder pipe off inside the rad you can push the dirt into the rads but can't get it out making it a pretty pointless exercise, your best solution is to convert to single entry and do away with the twins to clear the bottoms or the rads successfully and not just moving dirt around.
Neil

Thanks for the advice guys, gunna repipe them first, not worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power flush on a system with double entry valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Mother-in-law was quoted £1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well. I was wondering, as 4...
Replies
Views
O
Hi All, We renovated our house in 2019 and put in completely new plumbing system and piping including new boiler and 9 radiators. Off those...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also...
Replies
Views
S
Hello, So we have a two year old boiler and have cleaned / flushed the system twice recently but not all radiators will heat at the same time...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock