Search the forum,

Discuss Poweflushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Morning all,

Any reccomendations on power flush chemicals? I have only done a few for friends whilst gaining experience and have used X800 Sentinel before, I am planning to do one on a 20 year old open vented heating system, I cleaned out the F&E tank last year for the customer and the sludge in the bottom was about 1.5 inch thick, the boiler is as old as the house so not concerned over the HE.

Best wishes.

acid is best unless the system is falling apart then just repipe/ replace the system.

i use kamco fx2 normally.

x800 is ok but not half as good and foams alot.

Kamco are good for power flush items but with the system that you are doing make sure that you cover yourself by telling the customer the risks involved on older systems, and ask what there house insurance covers, or you could be in for some large claims , Kemco used to do some very good information leaflets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Poweflushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Hi, I had my new boiler and 13 radiators installed in July last year, but since installed all the radiators always top half hot and bottom half cold or warm. I know that if radiators top half hot bottom half cold/warm, it indicates there's sludge in there. But as the radiators were all new, so...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I had my new boiler and 13 radiators installed in July last year, but since installed all the radiators always top half hot and bottom half cold or warm. I know that if radiators top half hot bottom half cold/warm, it indicates there's sludge in the system. But as the radiators were all...
Replies
Views
Hi, Vented system, F&E Tank etc. Cylinder about 10-12 years old. Just running some x800 through to try & improve radiator heat. (another story) Been in a couple of hours. Just run a bath & the water has a slightly odd brown'ish tint to it. never had before. does not smell. Is there anyway it...
Replies
Views
Bignose
B
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock