Discuss Potterton Promax FSB 30 humming sound! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jaw

Hi

I installed a Potterton Promax FSB 30 boiler into a customers house 7 months ago. The customer called me to say that the boiler is making a humming sound that then vibrates the pipes. I bobbed in to the property to have a look and upon firing up after 5 mins there is what I can only describe as humming / vibrating sound on the flow pipe. This only lasts for about 5 mins and the sound then disappears. The boiler is working fine and no other problems have been reported. Whilst I was there I cleaned out the Fernox filter which was quite sludged up. Upon leaving there was no humming noise from the boiler. The customer as called me today to say the noise as come back again. This is a new one on me. Any ideas ???

You cleaned the filter and the noise stopped? May be a coincidence but check if the filter is clogged again.

Thanks Doodlebug

I will check the filter again but in all honesty I think it was more coincidence. Any other ideas?

Hi Hammers4spanners

The noise seems to be from the boiler, although it does resonate through the pipes. If it were a fault with a TRV why would it stop after around 5 mins? I will check the TRV's though. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Promax FSB 30 humming sound! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All! Bought a house recently, and we have been having the most frustrating issue with a very loud humming noise that intermittently comes and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I'm having a nightmare at the moment with lazy Homecare BG engineers but that's another story. I'm pretty competent, so looking for a...
Replies
Views
Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've had an on going issue for over a year now and can't seem to get an answer. Hopefully can get some more information from the forum. If I...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock