Discuss Potterton Profile 60 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dapper

I've just been to look at a profile 60. The boiler keeps cutting out on the high limit stat although it takes anything from 10 minutes to two hours to do it. The system has had chemical cleaner through it a few weeks ago (although not a powerflush) and the high limit stat has been replaced about a week ago, all the radiators get hot after about 30 - 45 minutes from cold and the hot water heats up. At this point the previous guy gave up!!!!!
Your opinions would be welcome, I'm wondering if we have a blocked heat exchanger or maybe the boiler thermostat isn't functioning correctly???

I've had this before with a Profile. Ending up repalcing it after doing powerflushing, changing PCB and high limit stat. The system was in a right mess, and it isn't easy to direct-flush the heat exchanger on these. I have another Profile doing the same. Have powerflushed and re-piped the system due to massive circulation problems. Circulation now sorted, boiler better but still playing up. I'm reluctant to go down the pcb and stats route as I believe the heat exchanger is probably blocked. Anyone else got over this with a Profile without changing it???

Yup - pump and valve trashed by the pumping over that caused all the gunge in the system. Fitted new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Profile 60 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock