Search the forum,

Discuss potterton prima 30f in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xtremeo

Hi, my gran has a potterton prima 30f, what safety features do these old boiler have, if electrics goes the solenoid goes, if the gas stops what safety features does this boiler have for gas. thanks

you mean if the gas supply drops ? if so boiler would lock out / not work

No lockout on the prima, it'll just keep trying to light.

thanks mountain man, if electrics goes solinoid shuts, if gas goes it will try to relight until gas resupplied. is that right thanks.

just wondering if they are safe being old boiler are they fitted with safety features, or time for a new one.

just wondering if they are safe being old boiler are they fitted with safety features, or time for a new one.

still safe, but what does your guy who services say in regards to the condition of it

its working fine just looks ancient.

there you go if he said that your fine, but nothing stopping you from getting a quote (for a new one and maybe ask your service guy to install a co2 detector

Last edited:
there you go if he said that your fine, but nothing stopping you from getting a quote (for a new one and maybe ask your service guy to install a co2 detector

Surely you mean a CO (Carbon Monoxide) detector

If you're worried get it checked out by a gsr. All you need to know is whether it's safe or not. The rest is down to us as gsr's to worry about.

Job 38.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to potterton prima 30f in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock