Discuss Potterton Netaheat Profile 80 Cut Out Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

skobulike

This week Potterton Netaheat Profile 80 tripped out and I used the reset button to try and get it going again, but ... it didn't restart until I turned the boiler thermostat down to 0.

Now, if the boiler is cold it will only restart with the boiler thermostat set to 0. As it warms up, the boiler thermostat can be turned higher before it cuts out (this is backwards!). If I leave it running it eventually trips out and I have to use the reset button to get it going again.

Any ideas anyone? Is the boiler thermostat faulty?

Thank you!

Does sound like the boiler thermostat is sticking a kaput ,the reset is down to the boiler over heating,get thermostat replaced

imho

Hi

I agree with the first guy as the boiler may well be doig what it is designed to do.

Normal questions would be:

Are the flow and returned getting hot away from the boiler i.e. radiators as your pump may be stuck or u/s.

It may be seized zone valves(check action), a lack of water (check tanks and radiators) or a blockage (requires corrosion removal!).

If your pumps going (check spinning and not just noisy) and you have full circulation
then it may be your stat. Most times the stat will be doing it's job so I'd still get someone in to do ther basic checks.

Phil

Thanks Everyone

PhilJones, I find it hard to believe the boiler is doing what it is designed to do when the stat is working backwards (turn it up it goes off, turn it down it comes on?!).

The rads are getting hot and we're getting loads of hot water from the cylinder. I'm not 100% sure (need to lift floorboards to check), but I think it is a mixed (gravity hw, pumped heating) system. The pump may be on it's way out as well, so must take a look ...

Just trying to nurse along an old system, because we're hoping to extend soon ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Netaheat Profile 80 Cut Out Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock