Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Gold HE problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrianS

Hi
I'm new to the forum but looking at the excellent content I thought it might be a good place to post my problem.
I have a problem with a Potterton Gold HE 24. It started with loud banging caused by the boiler not directing the supply to the rads, causing it to boil up and release pressure from the release valve also code E110 popped up. Pump appears tbe running okay and when it does fire up rads warm quickly but cool just as quick
I assumed at first that it might be a blocked heat exchanger therefore removed and gave it a good clean. After re-installing it I still had the problem but bled the system a few times and eventually got it going for the temp to rise, run for a short time then cut out and after a few mins cut back in again. This warmed up some rads but not the furthest away ones. This continued for a couple of hours and then it went back to boiling and pressure releasing. I dismantled the three way divertor valve switch (not the part inside the valve) to see if any cogs/springs had broken but all okay.
Im now thinking that it might be a thermostat problem or possibly PCB. Suggestions most welcome thanks

Whilst looking at the excellent content you forgot the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Gold HE problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock