Discuss Potterton Boiler pressure loss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeff123

Hi, My Potterton Powermax he is loosing pressure, i've changed a faulty pressure relief valve and its still loosing pressure but more slowly now, I cannot see any visable leaks.
could it be leaking in to the hot water tank, is there any way to diagnose it?

Thanks Jeff

Put a tissue underneath the outlet of the prv pipe termination point outside first, if the tissue is wet upon inspection then it could be the new prv, even if a new one was fitted, the sealing washer is new dry rubber and sometimes they do not seat correctly. Turn the prv open and closed a few times in case there is grit on the sealing washer.
If the tissue is dry then you need to consider that either you have a leak on your C/H pipe work somewhere, your heat exchanger is cracked or like you say, the coil in your H/W cylinder may be breached. Only way to check that is to either drain off the hot water from the cylinder(isolate feed to cylinder) till NO MORE comes out, close the drain off and run the C/H for a few hours with the 2 port valve for H/W on manual open position. Open the drain off on the cylinder, does more water come out? If so your coil in the cylinder has had it.

No problem, click the thankyou part under the comment pls. Good luck

Emm are you gas safe registered?
Really shouldn't be giving to much info to joe bloggs

Emm are you gas safe registered?
Really shouldn't be giving to much info to joe bloggs
no I'm not gas safe, I didn't say I was, is my advice on the post above my station or qualification or are you more bothered about me giving advice to this person?. Only advising on central heating circuit and I am qualified to do so, hence the advice. I would never actually work on a gas appliance itself as done ACS and know what's what but not certified yet. If joe blogs has changed the prv he must have some understanding?
I hope that does not read as provocative , just want to know if I have done wrong.
Cheers!

I Don't think you need to be gas safe to work on your ch system.
You can take off boiler covers etc, just don't open any gas circuit,system.

You can take off boiler covers etc,

No. You can't. Do you know if it's a decorative case or not? More and more cases form a seal now.

We take a hard and fast rule on this forum. Unless you are a gsr you shouldn't be going inside your boiler. Whether it's the water side or not.

No. You can't. Do you know if it's a decorative case or not? More and more cases form a seal now.

We take a hard and fast rule on this forum. Unless you are a gsr you shouldn't be going inside your boiler. Whether it's the water side or not.

So to clarify the point, is my advice ok or not? I'd never advise or take a cover off for the reason mentioned, also if it went bang and I was the last person to touch it, even if nothing inside was touched, I'd be on a royal holiday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Boiler pressure loss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock