Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton 45 roaring and the search for stores in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a Potterton 45 back boiler and it often makes a loud roaring sound as it tries to light. It rarely fails, but it can take a while before lighting.

Our heating engineer has been here twice, and on both occasions it lit every time in a most healthy fashion.

I realise that sooner or later it will fail and it he will be able to tell what the problem is, which brings me to my next concern.

He has spoken to his supplier who says that due to age, not every part is available for our back boiler, can anyone suggest a supplier that I could contact that may have every spare part?

Thanks

Cherry :)

Your gasman should be able to pick up old stock if available. he may have to do some hunting though...If parts are becoming harder to get i'd start saving if i were you .

Is it regularly serviced fully? Back boilers are a great old workhorse but they do require a bit of tlc.

Thanks for the replies.

He serviced it the first time he came to investigate the roaring. He also called his usual supplier who told him that not all parts were now available.

Please log back in to reply, Cherry.

Unfortunately it's the nature of the game. Manufacturers are really only obliged to hold a full range of spares and supply support for ten years after a product is taken off its portfolio.

Some years ago I bought a gas valve for a large boiler in a dhss office. Got told when I got the price for the quote to tell the punter not to hang about with the decision as there were only two spare valves in the world.....

May I just bump this a last time to see if there are any other opinions as to where I can find parts for this Potterton 45 back boiler?

:)

Ring Potterton, but to be realistic you are clutching at straw's , Proberly get gas valve, thermocouple , boiler stat and that would be about it, time for replacement is drawing near, it's like a ill pet, time to let it go !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton 45 roaring and the search for stores in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock