Discuss Potentially being taken to court. What should I do? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

It reads well Armyash.
I might have put the lines, -

I will not be held responsible for another trades poor workmanship in regard to your existing pipes location and depth.

I refute the comments in your letter where you retrospectively said ..... the toilet was incorrectly installed .....
I have no option other than to vigorously challenge this allegation

My surname has also been inaccurate.

Armyash, I think I would solely just mention you can provide evidence of what the 3rd party guy told you.
No need to look like at this point that you are taping conversations.
Let the pig guess and over think what you have against her

It reads well Armyash.
I might have put the lines, -

I will not be held responsible for another trades poor workmanship in regard to your existing pipes location and depth.

I refute the comments in your letter where you retrospectively said ... the toilet was incorrectly installed ...
I have no option other than to vigorously challenge this allegation

My surname has also been inaccurate.

Armyash, I think I would solely just mention you can provide evidence of what the 3rd party guy told you.
No need to look like at this point that you are taping conversations.
Let the pig guess and over think what you have against her

Thanks, I will do a final edit in the morning to tweak it and use these points and then get it hand written.

Personally I would keep it very sort and sweat, the more details you give these people the more they they have to keep this going.
1. Withdraw the £150 offer.
2. There should not have been u/f heating pipes under the pan position, the installation of this was incorrect & invited this situation.
3. Not withstanding the above, You were not informed nor given the opportunity to investigate or repair.

I know it feels like you need to defend yourself Ash & give your side of the story but it will only serve to provide her with more ammunition, the "he said this & they said that" is just hear say & even if you have some proof it is best kept for if the worst happens.
I take it, it was a sealed heating system ?
if so you could aways add later that they must have been topping up the loss of water without investigating where it was leaking so they contributed to their own damage.

I hate these people, pound to a penny she will have access to the Law in some way and they then think they can use it against hard working guy's & girls like use!!!
I have a rule now days I do not work for any of them - solicitors, lawyers, barristers & worst of all judges, if I find out what they do they can take a running jump been bitten too many times.

Letter sent today.

30 days from her letter is tomorrow, it was hand delivered by my partner with video evidence showing the letter, and the walk to the house putting it through the letterbox. I know this seems weird but if i'd have sent it recorded delivery through the post there's nothing stopping her just not signing for it. I let my partner do the dirty work because had I done it and bumped in to them there might have been some cross words said and I didn't want to risk that.

Anyway, i'm fairly certain she is going to see this all the way through. I feel like the odds are in my favour, but not in a over confident and arrogant way but I think the repeat performance aspect is good. I'm fully aware I could lose because I don't know what else she is going to say. She might tell a pack of lies and the court might believe her but I do have recorded conversations with her partner where I say that they should have called me and he says she didn't because she didn't want me in the house.

I will keep everyone updated with whatever happens next. Thanks again for everything. As I have said before if I lose in court at least I put up a fight. By I, I mean we.

Last edited:

Reply to Potentially being taken to court. What should I do? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
J
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by...
Replies
Views
Hi, I fix what I can around the house myself and have fixed a few toilets but I need help with this one. This toilet keeps running and stopping...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock