Search the forum,

Discuss Possible circulation problem with a combi in a flat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
I'm struggling with a Heatline Condense combi which is turning itself off within about 20 seconds every time the heating is turned on. The flow pipe is scalding hot, the return stays cold. I've tried fully opening the valves on all 10 rads, as far as I can tell the pump and diverter valve are both ok.
Pipes from the boiler go up above the ceiling and down to each rad.
The filling loop is on the return pipe so I closed the return isolator, opened the prv and sent water backwards round the system and it came out of the prv pipe, I could hear some air coming out but even once it was clear of air the boiler still turns off in no time at all.
Heat exchanger sounds quiet enough and it was working fine until recently
Any ideas anyone ?

You opened the PRV?
Are there drain ponts at each rad?

time to get a gas safe engy in as youve opened the boiler up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Possible circulation problem with a combi in a flat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm in a bit of a bind with a current CH install where I need to install a filter prior to a flush but no where to install My issue is the return on the combi (ideal 35) runs directly behind the boiler then up through the ceiling so I have no clearance to even attempt to snake it out to fit a...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a britony combi se 80 with fault 40 60 80 had british gas out to repair under homecare cover but they can't seem to repair it. They have been out 7 times so far and fitted a new pump heat exchanger air pressure switch and a pcb. Does anyone on here know what else could be the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock