Discuss plumbing/gas subcontracting work in the uk in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ajgas

does anyone know how to get plumbing or gas subbing work for site work/new builds and such like? what do most people do, do they just sign up with agencies? are there specific agencies for plumbing only? been self employed for 4 years and works been really quiet for 2 weeks, the quietest its been since we started, it was good at first but now were getting bored :) been in trade for 20 years so done most things, would appreciate if anyone has any good websites they could point me towards, thanks jon

when were busy all we hear is ''you cant get a plumber for love nor money''
now theres 2 here doin nowt!! i dont get it haha :)

Sub contractings ok if u get paid , i just lost 6 grand because a company i subbied to went bust . 2 grand of the 6 was materials. Its not a nice thing to happen so if you do subby always cover yourself as much as poss.

This is the case in most parts of UK + summer on its way so work slows down even more, some guys will be working flat-out all the time they are the lucky ones, plus it depends where you are located , this part of Devon has been quiet for quite a long time and being over run with Plumbers doesn't help

Were the opposite here jts. All the larger companies are either going bust or there workforce has all gone offshore. I live in what used to be a fishing town and when that died everyone went offshore so there are always folks spending money and because loads of plumbers have went offshore it opens loads of doors and new custards.

Where are u guys based at ajgas?

Ajgas you should approach some local construction / house building companies or even british gas and enquire about the possibility of some work.

were based in west midlands, its not critical yet and were trying to stay away from british gas on
moral grounds haha, it just seems to me that loads of new builds have tons of plumbers working on them and i just wondered how they get the work? they must advertise somewhere for them, but i never see x10 plumbers wanted.

Most probably done through agency's, working on price or per hr for quite low rates, between £8 & £12 per hr find lot of guys new to industry take it on to gain experience, Maybe even crews brought in from outside uk, Got quite a lot working in Plymouth on social housing upgrades from ex eastern block , working for BG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumbing/gas subcontracting work in the uk in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock