Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing course advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danjames

Hi guys, any advice you could give would be helpful. Could you tell me which course would make me 'employable'. I have been going thru a few college courses but someone mentioned a couple of them are not worth the paper their written on, as in, unlikely to get a job. also, the sheer number of different courses is quite confusing. Diplomas, certificates, c&g's, nvq's, levels 1,2&3.

So, in short, which course should i take which would allow me to apply to comanys straight away without being told im not quallified.

Thanks

For me it wouldn't be a course that made you employable. It would be experience, quality and quantity of work.

Dear Dan
I started in this industry in 1974 it gave me a good living until 2010. Now it is not worth going into imho

At the very least i'd say you need to be looking at NVQ level 2. When trying to find a job in the industry, don't just look to plumbers. Look for water treatment companies too, some if not all off them have plumbers working for them.

For me it wouldn't be a course that made you employable. It would be experience, quality and quantity of work.

But surely im not gonna get any of that until i find a job (except my own personal work at home and family) No ones gonna take me on with me just saying "im a plumber" there must be a minimum certificate theyd expect ?

But surely im not gonna get any of that until i find a job (except my own personal work at home and family) No ones gonna take me on with me just saying "im a plumber" there must be a minimum certificate theyd expect ?

Which is what I am trying to say. There are many qualified and experienced guys not working. What's going to make you employable when just qualified.

Spend your money if you want, you posted a question and that's my opinion. Chances of success? Not very good at the moment.

Which is what I am trying to say. There are many qualified and experienced guys not working. What's going to make you employable when just qualified.

Spend your money if you want, you posted a question and that's my opinion. Chances of success? Not very good at the moment.

Thanks, I knew id get honest truths asking here. Gonna start looking at other trades (but im guessing theyre all in the same situation)
Damm this mid 30's change of career crisis lol

my mate is a painter and decorator, probably couldnt even spell certificate. he is flat out with work and loves what he does. An honest wage for an honest bit of work. Plumbing isnt as glamorous as it may seen in my opinion. good luck though mate

Plumbing isnt as glamorous as it may seen

Every day I thank my lucky stars that I work in such a glamorous industry. I would sure hate to be slumming it in Hollywood, or in the luxury yacht market. :)

Every day I thank my lucky stars that I work in such a glamorous industry. I would sure hate to be slumming it in Hollywood, or in the luxury yacht market. :)

Im sick of all those champagne breakfasts and waking up next to models

I woke up next to a model once and just to keep on topic it was a corgi ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing course advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock