Discuss plumbing apprentice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

niallcoulding

hi all am 18 years of age , done my level 2 at college now , but need an apprenticeship to carry me up to my level 4 does anyone know of any plumbers who are taking on in the blackpool area ? , also have a car so am willing to travel if need be , cheers.

niall

City & Guilds 6089 NVQ Level 3 Plumbing. Where can it lead? Level 4 Mechanical Services
For plumbers and sparks
In south west college in northern Ireland

enlighten me, were is there a course in level 4 plumbing, please tell me

impossible to look uop im afriad as there is no level 4 in plumbing, if there was you would have posted a link or something, the fact you cannot proves there is no level 4 in plumbing

That qualification is an NVQ4 in building services and assesses such things as supivisory and management. Not many centres offer it as there is a construction nvq3 for supervisors and a construction level 4 nvq for managers which are more popular and do pretty much the same thing. they also complete with the national certificates and higher national certificates in building services engineering which have been around years and therefore recognised by employers.

Be aware this is not a plumbing level 4, level 3 is the highest you can go in a craft specific vocation, any further assesses managing, supervising, accounts etc not installing and thats why it can be cross trade. Its done purely onsite if im not mistaken.

It is the first step to entering management status. A worthy qual and one id like to see take off in popularity.

Last edited by a moderator:
im presuming its the new name for hnc then. i looked into the nvq 4 years ago before doing my hnc, this looks like the new hnc to me, all the names have changed

im presuming its the new name for hnc then. i looked into the nvq 4 years ago before doing my hnc, this looks like the new hnc to me, all the names have changed

Not sure could be

not sure what this is, just realised its a C&G qual, they dont offer HNC's? So it must be either the new version of the previous NVQ4 in BS management or something completly new, ill try to get some answers, i can only find one college that offer it in the south west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumbing apprentice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock