Discuss PLUMBING ADVICE - Pro-plumber needed! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aidy007

IMG_0577.jpgHI guys. Im in a bit of a pickle!!
My brother had a water mains leak out the back of his house that he has just moved into. We have dug up the pipe but have been told by a plumber that the plug that has been used is an old type made of brittle plastic that was used back in the day, hence the leak!

Is this true? Can i / where do i get a replacement?

ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Aidy

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you not leave it to the plumber to fix if he's told you what the problem is?

Why do you doubt what you've been told?

any pipe type can be repaired if thats the problem, not sure what you mean by plug? , just need to take a bit of pipe to the merchant to get the correct fitting, but if its thin walled alkathene type pipe it will only pinhole again in due course so you would be better off digging a trench and laying new mdpe fm the meter to your stopcock in the house then its done and dusted

it looks like the plug is just a Philmac fitting. the black alkethene pipe is old pipe and not many places stock fittings to suit. but should be able to get 2 Philmac staright connectors and a short bit of plastic pipe and join them together, but as has been said, why not ask the plumber, he should know!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PLUMBING ADVICE - Pro-plumber needed! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
This sounds like an examination question but it really is a problem two different plumbers have been unable to resolve after spending several...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
I live in first floor flat. Flat below has a leak from ceiling. One plumber has fixed leaking trap beneath shower. Other plumber re-silconed...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock