Discuss plumbing a house including Radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aes_handyman

I am currently re wireing a house and  also re plumbing the water pipes, i am fully aware that i cant connect the gas up but I am competant enough to run the hot\cold water pipes, and the feeed\return to the boiler aswell as the cold feed, as long as he gets a gas safe plumber to do all the gas work is this ok to do i am planning on leaving him 4 pipes under the boiler c|h F\R and cold feed, hot out, my only question is what size pipes should i use under the boiler 22mm or 15?
cheers
jonny
aes handyman

As we're calling each other names, here's one for you - Jack! As in Jack of all trades, master of none!!

I read all of your post, then responded appropriately!

Nobody has been condescending, far from it. You've been given advice to go back to your GSR & ask him the question as he knows the installation & all it's detailed requirements, we don't!

Off the subject slightly, I can change a car tyre, oil, windscreen wipers etc but I'm not a mechanic! I'd leave it to someone who does it day in day out as their profession!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so if you're a qualified spark, you should be charging a decent rate, in which case, the homeowner has nothing to gain (but plenty to lose) by having someone who is inexperienced doing the work. Get the job done by a professional and charge the homeowner a management fee for arranging the work.

This way, they get a proper job, you get paid and the GSR isn't having his bread and butter stolen out of his mouth.

Finally some sense thats a good idea pal , lkeaves me to concentrait on re-wiring the gaff but my Gas Guy Says he doesnt have lots of time available at the moment so i think i will follow your advice and become Project manager" so to speak and leave the C\H Till Gas man has time to fit it in. Thanks for that pal , i cant believei didnt think of that, Thaks for speaking sense, Much appreciated, Jonny Allen, Electrical Services, AES Electricians,

As we're calling each other names, here's one for you - Jack! As in Jack of all trades, master of none!!

I read all of your post, then responded appropriately!

Nobody has been condescending, far from it. You've been given advice to go back to your GSR & ask him the question as he knows the installation & all it's detailed requirements, we don't!

Off the subject slightly, I can change a car tyre, oil, windscreen wipers etc but I'm not a mechanic! I'd leave it to someone who does it day in day out as their profession!!

No you misunderstood, i cant get hold of my gas guy or i would have the make and model in front of me, thats why i was asking about pipe bore
I can also drive a tractor but im not taking up farming , maybe handyman is not the best word to use, Maintainance engineer is much better

Like everyone else reading this I can't understand why OP wasn't speaking with his GSR guy
unless he is secretly going to be doing an illegal boiler install that he is not qualified to do.
When I read on it just gets more weird...
I have known a good many electricians, they are all so well paid.
I'd definitely recommend that as the trade where the big money is!
Part P seems to be a licence to print more of it. And they are so busy I can't believe any of them would send time doing a bit of handy man stuff & plumbing.

It only helps in the respect that we can tell you not to let him fit this pile of junk.

OK what would you reccommend for a 3 bed terrace with 2 reception rooms kitchen and bath,
and @ miss tara i have stated numerous times that i WILL NOT TOUCH GAS PIPES, I am an electrician first and formost but while mygas fitter is awayu then im gettin as much done to the house as possible, no matter what you think im no cowboy and the reason i am using technical conslltant as a title thats coz no one can afford to get their house re-wired and anyway the only reason i am doing painting and decorating carpeting and electrical work its what we call useing your resources to their full potential i'd rather be poijnting a wall and earning £100 a day thean sat at home not eaerning anything]

If its a heatline google the manufacturers instructions, they are available to anyone.

then google another manufacturer as they are a turd of a boiler.

I thought mine was quite helpful?

the MIs will tell you everything about the boiler, how it works, installation process. Why get so worked up?

Ey? Bit unprovoked?

If its a combi, it'l have 22 primary connections, and 15mm hot and colds? Gas connection is 22 but obviously pipe sizing is required depending on output.

Not quite sure why nobody had answered his question? Or have I misread? I have no problems with anyone fitting hot, cold or heating pipework.... Most people are capable of doing so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumbing a house including Radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock