Discuss plumbase in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Does any of you have the same issues with this merchants as me ? When i am working for some of the main builders i end up getting paid monthly by them ,plumb center no issues never get any letters or phone calls asking for money . Plumbase on other hand after 3 weeks start getting letters through the door promptly followed by threats of being put on stop hardly gives you a chance to pay your bills , i dont even think they are that good either to be honest

Yep, I wrote them a cheque from a closed down ltd company by mistake. I was told I had to pay by card or cash immediately with a £50 fine. Wrote them a nasty letter with a cheque and no £50 fine. They closed my account down, I've never used them since.

My mate has a largeish company and they fit over 150 boilers a year through plumbase. He has a 20k tab there. He is the biggest customer.they have in our branch. They wouldn't release his order one morning because it would have put him 37 quid over his limit. He had to go to the branch and pay before his lads could get the gear.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

IMHO there are only two nationals worth dealing with, City Plumbing and Plumb center

I need to put aside nearly an hour when I visit my local plumb centre. Nearly quicker to drive the 20 odd miles to the next town instead.

I need to put aside nearly an hour when I visit my local plumb centre. Nearly quicker to drive the 20 odd miles to the next town instead.

Out in the sticks dkia? Im spoilt for choice. Have all the nationals which i avoid if possible and 3 really good competitive small independents :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Aye. My local PC is so slow to come to the counter and when there they spend 15 minutes trying to find something on the computer.

I find pts are very good, cant stand plumb centre

Pts are part of travis perkins and city plumbing

Aye. My local PC is so slow to come to the counter and when there they spend 15 minutes trying to find something on the computer.

I know what you mean. I have the two ends of the spectrum. Darlington PC are the pits, it's as though they are doing you a favour serving you. Bishop Aucland PC can't do enough and know their stuff.

I like the locals best a lot more competitive . I try not to go anywhere near pc!

All of the PCs local to me can't do enough to help. They're also about the best prices about for boilers. i use an independent for tube, fittings and sanitary ware though because PC can't match them on price.

paid my bill yesterday at plumbase and asked why so hasty with the letters etc, the manager has informed me the finances are run from a outside credit company and deal with all of there invoices . He said the the dates they put on letters saying your on stop is not actually an official date as you can still draw mmaterials 24 hours after . He also said that you get another two weeks to pay from that stop date although you wont be told that officially .Stressfull enough at times trying to run small business without these credit companies on your case !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumbase in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone, I have a Grundfos SoloLift2 WC1 on a toilet and since a few months the impeller keeps getting stuck. I was quite happy to...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, I'm English and live in the Czech Republic and I'm having difficulty with my heating system. Unfortunately, I cant find any heating engineer...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock