Discuss Plug sockets and switches in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

villa_tom

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Does anyone know a decent online place that sells plug sockets and switches and fuse spurs etc?

I'm changing every socket and switch in my new house and am just looking at prices.

Screwfix are coming in at the cheapest at the moment, but I thought I'd ask on here first :)

i want black nickel by the way :)

My sparky chum has said avoid em you just have to breath on them to scratch them. (Screwfix ones)

You've finally gone and done it then V.T?! Good man. Let's see some pics then!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I'll post up pictures of the inside later when it's finished.

Ive repainted the whole thing over the last two weeks, so I've got cream walls and white ceilings :)

ive got the quote for the carpet on Thursday and I'm ordering my sofas on Monday.

Sky is being fitted in 2 weeks and them I'm moving it :)

Last edited:
Have a look for superswitches or wonderswitches (something like that) on interweb all mine our touch control so no noisy click clicks and remote control as wel which has it`s uses in the lounge and the bedroom. :reddevil:

Have the address somewhere if you can`t find it.

I personaly prefer white flat plate but you need deep patters for them they look dead smart though

I personaly prefer white flat plate but you need deep patters for them they look dead smart though

Agree that some do but don`t recall changing any boxes. The remotes are pretty naff to look at but dare say a smartphone will do it nowadays.

They do em in White, think there was around 5 different colours I went for White on the walls and Mocha sockets to blend in with the wallpaper. Maybe not cheap but been 100% reliable.

shop4electrical - good branded parts and dead cheap. I buy loads from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plug sockets and switches in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back