Search the forum,

Discuss """Pls help no hot water baxi 105e""" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

f1fanman

Hi there this is my first thread so pls bare with me. our baxi boiler started play up about three weeks ago. we could not get any hot water down stairs the hw tap did,nt seem to be knocking the boiler over to hot water but when we turned the tap on up stairs we could get hot water Ithe boiler is upstairs next to yhe bathroom we new when it switched over to hot water mode it made a noise like there was an airlock in the pipes. but now we cant get hot water upstairs anymore not even in preheat mode we had a plumber check the diaphram he said it was still intact he said it might be the dirverter valve head or the dirverter valve itself . but he didnt have time to check them he didnt seem very confident about this is there any way i could find out if it is the head has i could replace this myself the heating to the rads works fine.
any advice on this will be very welcome. thank you

i'd put money on the divertor matey if the diaphram has been checked.

edited. didnt realise you were going to try do it yourself... gas safe only matey

Last edited by a moderator:
hang on you said cant get it to pre heat? you have an instant then? please confirm as a instant is very different to a 105e, if it is a instant and it was noisy before it failed there is nothing wrong with the diverter or the head your differential pressure valve has snapped take it from somebody who knows your boiler backwards

If its a 105e then it could be the micro switch on the hot water diverter, or if your "plumber" hasnt looked properly the diaphram can often have a very small split or the hole for the spindle can enlarge and leak hence fail. I hope money didnt change hans if your guy didnt fix your boiler. They are relatively simple and a competent engineer would be able to fault find it with or without the servicing manaul and fault flow charts, otherwise refer back to gasman above for other issue to look at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to """Pls help no hot water baxi 105e""" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock