Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Please start using appropriate fixings in walls, pass the word. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sharp Point

Evening all, I have to post this and get it off my chest. Recently I seem to be doing a great deal of unvented hot water cylinders and working in higher end properties with them already installed. About 1 in 4 expansion vessels are inappropriately secured to the wall i.e... plasterboard fixings in plasterboard, 1.5" 8's screws in render/ plaster or 2" 10's in dot and dab. When the membrane finally fails and fills a 24 litre vessel with water the weight is nigh on a bag of cement and if it pulls out and connect via a flexi or 15mm pipe, there's going to be a flippin travesty......and yes I've seen the aftermath of a split flexi from a fallen vessel.

so come on people( you know who you are)use your noggin, either screw and glue a piece of 18mm ply on a plasterboard wall or into noggins/ uprights and secure into that and use 4"x 10's screws at least through dot and dab into masonry, so goes for into render/ brick.

keep smiling.

as a matter of fact it should be part of the benchmark.

Many years ago I worked for Kingspan , I have seen plenty come off the wall, any new unvented I go to now has a great lump ply glued and screwed to the wall.

A great improvement made by certain ex vessel manufacturers now has to be the bracket welded to the vessel , rather than the stainless jub clip .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please start using appropriate fixings in walls, pass the word. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock