Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Please help what type is this thread is it!???? in the Fittings & Pipes area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Alex GM

Alex GM New Member

CE4421FE-D0E1-4DB2-BF73-B26CAB16FEA2.jpeg 93D7C1D5-8FEE-42EF-8FF4-2D056220AACB.jpeg 6648F2AF-754B-4FD5-9186-A9B2B6F92BAF.jpeg 9125316D-B879-4951-AC72-EE4AC9FF8A29.jpeg Hi, I just get this air receiver but I have 2 welded pipe on which is impossible for me to find out what type is it
    Thanks all help

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Looks like either 11/4 or 11/2 bsp (I would say 11/4)

And you will need a female iron if you want to use copper

3. Alex GM

Alex GM New Member

Thanks. I would to block this out. Not in use. But any end cap which I bought is not much 1-1/2 is spinning the diameter is 1,5mm bigger and the rest is to small.

4. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

What was running into it originally

5. gmartine

gmartine GSR

Weld it up

• Like Like x 1
  6. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

I don't think its a thread ! thats some sort of push fitting, Proberly held on with a clip or grub screw

7. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Have you tried an 11/4 nut

8. Alex GM

Alex GM New Member

No, I didn’t try any none metric. Can you tell me please wher I can look after 11/4
    Thanks

9. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

it looks like a split union would fit onto it.

10. Alex GM

Alex GM New Member

I try the split union, and was the same then the end cap unfortunately can’t tighten

11. Alex GM

Alex GM New Member

Do you mean 1 inch and quarter? That’s to small

12. Alex GM

Alex GM New Member

04A35922-1E03-4C23-91ED-17D061FFB29C.jpeg May this help anything ...

13. gmartine

gmartine GSR

14. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

dont know what you mean if the split union nut fits on then thats what you nead a flat faced split union. then the cap or plug will fit into the end of the split unionhttp://www.nero.co.uk/Catalogue/150LB-BSP-Threaded-Fittings/Union-Flat-Face

15. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR