Discuss Please help - Installing soil pipe over flat roof in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Think it's reduced to 1m or 0.5m

Just been checking the Durgo & Floplast AAV technical brochure and I can't find any mention of a minimum distance to windows. The only reference in there about installation within a habitable space (i.e. not in the loft) is about sound nuisance and that adequate sound insulation should be used.

Having a look at the pics again, looks like it should be possible to run the stack up into the loft space above the bathroom pretty easily and then install an AAV in there which would make it a moot point and would be tidier.

So with an AAV the options are buy an external one and run the soil stack up the outside wall left of the window, or extend the soil stack up into the loft indoors and box it in within the room?

Run it external up the side and vent it past the gutter

This is so ridiculous. Why on earth would anyone try to run a soil pipe across that roof with all the associated problems of fixing it and getting a fall, into that existing soil vent, with all the associated problems of removing the vent and causing other problems with the waste pipe work in that bathroom and then mess around with a Durga in or out of the loft.
For goodness sake just do it properly, dig the gully up, replace it with a soil stack, branch off for the new bathroom, take a vent pipe up and around the guttering and then reconnect the existing kitchen wastes into the stack with boss's.
It's so easy to do I can't understand why you would attempt to do anything else.
That's just my opinion of course.

Thanks Nick, appreciate your input.
I've had someone else finally come and take a look today, they've suggested we connect to the existing soil by running through the ceiling of the existing bathroom and boxing off which also seems feasible. Will mean a little bit of new pipe going into the flat roof but much less visible.
Will see how the quote comes back!

Reply to Please help - Installing soil pipe over flat roof in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, few years off doing the work but I like to plan. Can a soil stack be rerouting away from the house, over an extension roof? Reason to...
Replies
Views
The soil pipe from my bathroom passes through the outside wall and into the roofspace above the adjacent single storey kitchen before dropping...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall...
Replies
Views
D
Had a collapsed/cracked collar on the 90deg angled piece that my soil pipe sits in which is leaking water so has needed replacing. Access has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock