Discuss plans for new houses do not show split heating runs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hey everyone, im currently pricing up for a new development of 6 terraced houses which have 4 floor levels. i just had the drawings through today and they do not show the heating system split into two to comply with new regs (part L?)

what would you do? should i price for the system as if if were to be split as this will only come back on me if i do not.

just after a few oppinions with this one, cheers guys.

J

Hi
The best bet is to advise the customer that the system design is not up to standard and that to comply you would have to make changes to it. Bring in to question why this wasnt already done and say that if they wish to avoid any problems with the build they need to look into why this wasnt brought up by the architect.
Cheers
Andy
AJM P&H

Could be a developers scam attempt, get the tradesman to price for the job on the plan that way they get the cheapest quote.

When the job is in progress and the tradesman has a lot of money invested in the first fix developer brings up the regs and claims the tradersman should have known about the regs and priced accordingly.

The type of scam that would work on a young tradesman starting out because he now has too much invested to walk away so takes the hit for the controls as the lesser of the two evils.

Price as per the plan but quote as per the regs or as I have done for years avoid developers by putting the plans in the recycling bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plans for new houses do not show split heating runs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock