Discuss Placing boiler in cloakroom above toilet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alarash

Hello all,

Apologies in advance if this has been covered many times in the past.

I'm currently planning an extension and renovation to my property (old @ bed Victorian semi). It will need a complete rewire and replumb. At the moment its all on paper as I'm figuring out how it all fits together.

I'm thinking about having a downstairs cloakroom loo and sink, loo against external wall near the outdoor drain and having the boiler above the loo. What I had in mind was boxing from floor to ceiling, with a back to wall loo and the boiler above it concealed by cupboard doors.

Just wondering if this is viable or not?

In addition downstairs extension will be mainly for the kitchen and thinking about UFH. What are people's feelings on running UFH off a combi (I presume on a secon circuit/zone)? Or would I be better off with a sealed pressurised tank system?

Many thanks

Just remember your servicing and part replacement when you put it on a wall then build a box around it. Most new boilers won't require any extra ventilation.

UFH will all depend on what UFH system your going to use. Most systems will be fine if the UFH is zoned and can call the pump in when ever required.

Best systems I've seen have a low loss header and separate pumps. In winter UFH can demand alot more and rads tend to suffer poor circulation

If you have a large house 3+ beds u may want to look at a unvented Hws rather than a combi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a combi will be fine for a 3 bedroom house, its generally when there are 2 or more bathrooms that you should be considering a system boiler with unvented cylinder for best results

Thank you for the replies. Sorry didn't come out above but its currently a 2 bed semi detached house which I'm aiming to convert to a 3 bed with the extension. One main bathroom, one downstairs loo, kitchen, 6-7 radiators and hopefully UFH in the downstairs kitchen extension.

So I take it I need to have the UFH on a separate zone, as you've mentioned with its own pump and Simon you mentioned a low loss header? (I'll do a google search but could I ask if you could point me to a good link which explains this?)

Any recommendations on a boiler which would meet these needs?

Thanks again

It needs to be accessible for servicing and maintenance so remember this when doing your fittings or a service engineer will have to take a crowbar to all your lovely cupboards to get at it to fix it. Manufacturers instructions usually give required clearances for maintenance.

Also you don't want it to be an obstruction to hinder the use of the room. Have you considered an external boiler?

Combi should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Placing boiler in cloakroom above toilet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I'm due to start building a new side extension on a 3 bed semi, it's across the driveway up to the boundary. We're adding a downstairs...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a Kinetico 2020c HE Water Softener, fitted in 2008 in our loft to the cold water tank in a vented system with a conventional boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I really hope someone can help me because it is causing so much worry! I bought my house 3 years ago and didn’t know at the time that...
Replies
Views
I'll pop this into the general advice forum as it seems the most active, but mods - feel free to move if there's somewhere more appropriate. Thank...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've looked through old threads on similar questions, however i was hoping for advice regarding our house project. When i've read threads...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock