Search the forum,

Discuss Piping rads in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, looking to pipe a new build, oil boiler, multilayer with radiators(low temperature).

The home owner hasn't provided me with any plans and although I know how I'd like to pipe I don't want it to be too expensive as they're a young couple.

I'd love to feed two Manifolds, upstairs and down and get the electrician to stick actuators and room stats on but it's not my money. Do ye reckon an s plan would be as good or would the manifolds save money in the long run?

Depends what they want (the clients )

Only reason for manifolds are independent control of each room

tbh I wouldn’t start cutting the heating system costs with cheaper materials eg suppliers sizing rads will bite you in the arse later on

On a one off new build I would at least consider ufh it's perfect time to do it.
When you say low temperature rads do you mean low surface temperature rads or running system at low temperature?

Only reason for manifolds are independent control of each room

tbh I wouldn’t start cutting the heating system costs with cheaper materials eg suppliers sizing rads will bite you in the arse later on
Ya it's just finding the sweet spot between quality and price. It's a large house so I don't know think 2 zones would work well, fair enough you add trvs and they'll help, but wouldn't room stats be more reliable.

See I've priced my labour but I didn't mention any costs for materials yet. I guess I need to try and price the rest if the job and see if that sits well with them.

I don't think they know, there's no plans, no engineer. The suppliers will size all the rads and I'll do the rest. I'm just trying to figure out what's most affordable for them
Affordable, isn’t individual room control. However, if they have the budget and will spend on the controls etc, I’d prob go underfloor as with the controls/manifold, you’re half way there.

I’d go standard s plan and spend the rest on good quality taps/shower valve etc.

Ya it's just finding the sweet spot between quality and price. It's a large house so I don't know think 2 zones would work well, fair enough you add trvs and they'll help, but wouldn't room stats be more reliable.

See I've priced my labour but I didn't mention any costs for materials yet. I guess I need to try and price the rest if the job and see if that sits well with them.
I also think you’re mad pricing your labour without knowing what you’re gonna install.

Your labour could double if you install a manifold over an s plan.

You could s plan but zone/stat each floor.

It’s a large house :D that’s going to end up badly if they don’t have the budget best thing I can advise is work out the system cost plus your labour and give it to them the decision is there’s then

That's fair enough, I'll keep that in mind
My thought with spending on good fixtures is that once the heating is in, whichever way you decide. Once set up and running smoothly, the customer kind of forgets about it.

With a good shower, every time the customer uses it, they’ll appreciate it and be thankful that they took Jame’s advice and spent a bit more on it.

My thought with spending on good fixtures is that once the heating is in, whichever way you decide. Once set up and running smoothly, the customer kind of forgets about it.

With a good shower, every time the customer uses it, they’ll appreciate it and be thankful that they took Jame’s advice and spent a bit more on it.
Thats good thinking, cheers

Reply to Piping rads in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock