Discuss Pipework from a danesmore condensing boiler in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

Work was undertaken in 2017 in which pipework from a new condensing boiler was routed through an external wall and then connected to the existing pipework of the underground copper oil feed pipe.
Should the system be pressure tested after completion.
If so, would it be tested at the oil feed pipe near to the oil tank or at any other location.
Ta very much
Baz

Depends on the installer some might others may not why do you ask ?

Ideally submerged oil supply lines should be pressure tested every 5 years. This would be done by isolating the tank and connecting a tester with the other end breaching the surface capped off.
I must point out though that not all oil installers or service technicians are thorough and pressure testing often doesnt get done.
As mentioned above why are you asking? If you genuinely suspect a leak then i would isolate the fuel at the tank and have a suitably experienced engineer check for you.

Reply to Pipework from a danesmore condensing boiler in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Grant Vortex 50/90 condensing oil boiler where the air tube spigot over the fan is not connected to the existing flue, should this be closed off...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
This unit is located in France where they use diesel not kerosene. The feed from the underground tank is not getting through to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock