Search the forum,

Discuss Pipes going to UFH cold in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

bit of an odd one. UFH been working fine for about a year or two now.

today the pipes going to it before the zone valve are stone cold.

its a very basic system with Hive thermostatic valves controlling the rads upstairs and the zone valve downstairs.

Could the pipe be blocked?

Ah nevermind figured it out. Basically the zone valve had got stuck shut. Its a honeywell one shock horror.

Anyways I force it into the open position and everything went back to working. Put it back to the normal position and so far so good.

ended up replacing the synchro motor on it.

bit odd its died tbh given its only been around a year and a half.

but that is from a lot of running every 2 hours

finally had loft insulation and cavity wall insulation installed today.

Last edited:

Reply to Pipes going to UFH cold in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock