Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe work pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoggy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all
I have fixed all my pipe work for a central heating job, fixed rads and piped up but shally he lock shield and trv to off so I can test the pipe work and not have to drain it all now I've put it to 2bar to check for leaks, over night it has dropped a small fraction, just under 2bar I've checked the joints but some were really awkward in corners is there any reason for the loss other than a dodgey joint?
Im going to obviously fill up and run with temperature but wanted some advice as to another possible cause.
many thanks Martyn.

Did you use plastic or copper

All copper mate there's is a speed fit elbow and a couple of cap ends but all pipe work is copper. There are a couple of iso valves on where I'm going to take off and put rad on just easier to fit them to drain off, the other rad is going on tomorrow.

Think its natural you will lose a very slight amount of pressure over night. I wouldn't worry too much but obviously test hot and cold and leave on test overnight again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The only reason I'm paranoid it cause I did a favour for my brother at Christmas by putting him a rad in, he has since tiled the floor but 9 months down the line has said there is a wet patch under the rad, obviously I'm now doubting myself but wouldn't put it paste him to have screwed into a pipe when fixing ply board.

That's just the pressure settling. Leave it another night if you are paranoid, see that it drops no further, have peace of mind.

it could be air movement or more likely temp changes. If it was me id fill the lot up and get it hot, hot ,hot you will soon know if theres a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe work pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring the boiler, the demand light works fine. When the water gets up to temperature every 10 seconds or so, the boiler stops for a fraction of a second...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. All images for system here: https://*********/a/ngPQkre Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock