Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe sizing charts beyond 30m please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

Afternoon all,

Please can someone help me out by posting a screen grab or link to pipe sizing charts for copper and barrel beyond the standard 30m of 28mm given in the Viper manual. Or the equation for calculating pressure drop given heat input / flow rate required. I need the data for 35mm copper and 1" or 1 1/4" barrel.

I have the method for calculating TIV so will know if I'm heading beyond Domestic limits. If I find myself going over I'll get a Commercial engineer in to help. Just need pipe sizes right now to price up the job. Both are domestic jobs but long gas runs from meter to appliances.

I'm on hols at the mo and have no access to reference books, only the Viper manual and need to do a couple of quotes, hence the request.

If it helps, I need the following:

1)
24KW / 2.5m3/h
32m effective length, initial 22m (effective) must be barrel.

2)
34KW / 3.53m3/h
38.7m effective length, initial 6m must be barrel

Thanks in advance,
Masood

Hi masood do u use an android phone if so download Mr combi app - gas pipe sizing. It goes up to any length required.

I don't have any experience with barrel and not sure if barrel is one of the choices in the app but it will certainly give u minimum sizes needed.

Hi masood do u use an android phone if so download Mr combi app - gas pipe sizing. It goes up to any length required.

I don't have any experience with barrel and not sure if barrel is one of the choices in the app but it will certainly give u minimum sizes needed.

Cheers Kris will try and download it. Internet pretty flaky here though so might not work...

I've just used mr combi app
2.5 cu/m/hr 32 metres. Pressure drop with 25 mm steel is 0.8mb

same figures with 32mm steel 0.32mb

3.53 cu/m/hr 38.7 metres Is 32mm At pressure drop of 0.387mb
wont give me the next size pipe so presume that it goes into comm.

is this any good, but do check figures out again.
stani

I've just used mr combi app
2.5 cu/m/hr 32 metres. Pressure drop with 25 mm steel is 0.8mb

same figures with 32mm steel 0.32mb

3.53 cu/m/hr 38.7 metres Is 32mm At pressure drop of 0.387mb
wont give me the next size pipe so presume that it goes into comm.

is this any good, but do check figures out again.
stani

Many thanks Stani. I've done the quotes based on the above. Tried checking the figures against the equation in Tolley's but the numbers don't work out. That may just be me rearranging the equation wrong, though! Will have a proper go when back in front of my computer with a scientific calculator to hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe sizing charts beyond 30m please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock