Discuss Pipe gurgling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tomcat2006

Help folks!I

I changed both my bathroom and ensuite rads for towel rads adjusting the pipes so the system was drained down.
Once completed inhibitor was added and the system refilled and bled. No drama.

Now when the central heating is on the pipes under the floorboards above the boiler make gurgling, knocking noises. This starts a few minutes after the boilers been running, lasts for about 5 minutes then calms down. I also had one cold rad, not the ones I fitted. The noise then can be heard occassionally.

Heres what I've done,

Bled the pump for air - none there but I did hear some slight gurgling noises from the hwsc and this evening a little clicking from the two port mid position valve. Hot water is working ok so is this related or is that about to fail?
Checked the f&e tank which was full.
Bled all the rads, no air but good water pressure.
Turned all rads off at the trvs which forced flow to the cold rad. Now all are hot.
The boiler is runing quietly.

The system is an open vented, ideal icos boiler y plan. I'm thinking my next move will be a system flush.

Can anyone give me some advice, help please? :)

Be patient. It may go away over a few days. You have just filled it with fresh water and lots of tiny bubbles. Needs time to settle in.

I forgot to add the house has been empty for 9 months with no heating or hot water running, although it was fine prior to my work.
The knocking is quite loud, was concerned the push fittings would spring a leak! One rad I did was in 15mm, the other in 10mm. Ropey new build! The system is 8 years old.

But if you think I should leave it a few days then I will, I appreciate your advice.

Based on the noise this morning I can't see this being caused by the dissipation of air in clean water. You can hear the pressure difference and glugging, pulsating of the pipes as heated water runs through. It starts about 5 minutes after the boiler has lit and gets steadily worse lasting for about 5 minutes and then runs quiet.

Any suggestions gents? :-/

you asked for suggestions and were given one i don't see a problem. i would say that after nine months of non running your system may need looking at by a professional, which is what albatross suggested.

Thought you had a baxi?, well you did in December 2012.

Anyway....

Get an engineer in, you've probably stuffed something up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe gurgling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My heat only gas boiler is drained from the boiler drain valve - There is no water in the F&E tank. The hot water vented cylinder is removed. So...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
Evening all. I have an open vented C/H system with a heat only boiler and 10 rads over 3 floors. I checked the system mid summer and all was ok...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like...
Replies
Views
Hi, hope someone can help with this. My central heating system has a Worcester gas combi boiler, paired with a nest thermostat and a megaflo...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock