Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe carrier recommendations, please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

What pipe carriers do people have on their vans, and would you recommend what you've got?

I decided not to have an aluminium tube like Rhino, because there was a spate round here of the carriers themselves being nicked for the scrap value of the aluminium, so I currently have a length of soil pipe that I carry bits and bobs of overflow, waste, etc. in, but twice now I've had an end cap nicked off it, which is a pain as I then need to empty it out before driving anywhere so the pipes don't fall out when the van's moving.

Also I can't easily carry full 3m lengths of copper in the van so I'm thinking of getting a carrier. It needs to be strong and lockable (and the locks need to be hard to break), so that I can leave a bit of copper in it and not worry too much.

Suggestions please?

I have truk rax pipe rack. Does me, but I only use a light weight padlock. If they want in they'll get in, with mine the can have a look without wrecking the rack.

Same as Gasman but my front doors all bent from shoving pipes down to hard had to hammer it back straight yesterday

Same, but the locks snap easy. The rhino looks a better job.

I doubt the rhino's too happy with your shoving your pipe up its derriere!

Shouldnt imagine there to happy being tied on top of a van either! And a bugger to coax up there.

What van, is there any way of getting them inside?

It's a Vauxhall Combo. I can get 3m lengths in diagonally and rest them on the dashboard, but then my mate has to hold on to them otherwise every time I go round a roundabout they slide across and smack me on the side of the head!

No pipe carrier Bad idea. They are a magnet for thieves. I always hide my pipe in the van under dust cloths etc.

No pipe carrier Bad idea. They are a magnet for thieves. I always hide my pipe in the van under dust cloths etc.
metal pipe carriers are excellent,you can connect 240v to them then in the morning find the scroat welded to it

That's great if your van is big enough. Sadly my Combo doesn't allow 3m lengths to be carried in comfort....

I just bought a Hilux to replace the van so need to transport pipe to jobs, but won't leave any pipe on the van unattended. Thought of using a filthy looking length of used soil pipe to put off the toe rags.

the best solution would be to get a engineering firm to mek you one up to your spec. Would cost a fair bit though.

you could just bulk buy couplers :)

How about a box type instead of a pipe?

Scum know what the pipe holds, the box might be a trap complete with CCTV

I'm lucky enough to live in an area where I can put 6m lengths on the rack, handy to take full lengths to the job but get them off the rack and inside fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe carrier recommendations, please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock